Stage Based Workflows will save you time!
Workflow Automation is an essential tool for managing large volumes of Prospects, Clients, or Accounts.
“Workflows” are automated emails, calendar appointments, or tasks which are associated with specific stages in the Opportunity Record. You can collate multiple items with a particular stage, and set certain items on a delay. These emails,calendar appointments and tasks have the ability to be auto populated with client information, saving an enormous amount of time.
Since the concept of Automation can be somewhat abstract. I will illustrate Workflow’s flexibility by taking you through my own process. Hopefully you will find something that is applicable for your own business!
In 95% of cases the introductory email I send out follows a basic formula:
1. Welcome to Prophet
2. My role
3. A few Prophet features to utilize
4. Call me if you have any problems!
I am a big Outlook Calendar user as opposed to Task user. (Task users fear not — it can be made as a task as well). To wit, I like to call to follow up on my proposals, rather than sending an email. I rely on an automated calendar event associated with my “Proposal” stage to help stay on track. (I can’t tell you how much money this particular reminder has helped make for me!)
After I have a call or meeting I like to send a quick follow up message to the attendees. This demonstrates that I am attentive to any issues they may be having, and that I am accessible. The “Meeting Follow-Up” Email Automation is flexible and editable, and I usually like to consolidate the action items into that email for future reference.
1. Know your process. There inevitably will be elements of your process which are mundane and repeat items — that’s what we want to automate!
2. Outbound communications like emails should be set to a “0” day-delay. This means that when you trigger the automation they will appear and offer you one final chance to make any necessary edits (“Great round of golf last weekend, Bill….etc).
3. Utilize the “Delay Days” feature for reminders with Tasks and Calendar Events.
4. You can attach documents to your templates, such as Brochures or Forms. That will save a few steps for introductions, etc.