The timeline appears on Contacts, Companies, and Tasks. The timeline is used to record notes, activities, documents, and emails which relate to the selected Profile. Many actions are automatically tracked to help you save time!
Recording Notes and Activities
- Go to the profile where you want to record a note
- Enter your note in the timeline where it says ‘Enter Notes’
- Choose what type of note by selecting the dropdown labeled ‘General Note’
- You can add a document to the note by selecting the clip to the left of ‘General Note’
- To save the note select the ‘Add Note’ button. It will enter the timeline.
Adding or Changing Activity Types
Administrators can change the options available to users for ‘Note Types’. To do this administrators should follow the steps:
- Open a Contact or Company Profile
- Select the ‘General Note’ dropdown
- Select ‘Add / Edit Note Types’
- Add, remove, or arrange the values displayed
- Select ‘Save’
- ****Note that removing existing note types may affect historical data in the timeline for all contacts and companies.
Searching and Filtering the Timeline
Users can search the timeline with keywords or filter the timeline by ‘Note Types’. To search or filter the timeline of a profile enter keywords in the search area or use the filter icon to select Note Types to sort by.