You’ve got your basic email platform, your CRM, and your Internet browser, but you find yourself needing more functions. Some things just can’t be accomplished with the basics, especially when you’re on the go and more powerful desktop applications are inaccessible. Fortunately, more and more smartphone applications have stepped up to fill the mobile productivity gap, ensuring that no matter where you are or what field you’re in, you can get work done on your schedule.
Here are 6 strong applications that can supplement your business activities and help you stay productive.
- Dropbox: For those who need access to more than just the occasional email or text file on the go, Dropbox provides multiple gigabytes of storage that can be accessed from any device, with larger storage options available for paid customers. Those interested in offering Dropbox access to all employees can also look into the company’s Dropbox for Business options, which provide greater security and as much space as necessary for as little as $15 per user per month. If you represent a nonprofit or educational institution, this price can drop even further.
- OmniFocus: Available for both mobile devices and Macs, OmniFocus helps users organize their tasks in a variety of contexts, making it easy to make long-term plans. OmniFocus offers many powerful features, including note-taking and scheduling as well as the ability to put tasks into different contexts, allowing users to separate home tasks from business work. This power comes with a significant price tag, however, compared to many other productivity apps, with its cheapest version costing $20.
- GoodReader: For those who find themselves reading important documents on the go, GoodReader makes staying caught up on work easy. In addition to opening most common file formats, including PDFs and PowerPoint presentations, GoodReader allows users to add annotations and transfer files. This breadth of functionality also makes it easy to work with other organizations which use different document formats without wasting time learning how to interact with a new file format. Available for a variety of Apple devices, GoodReader currently retails for $4.99.
- Timeful: A relative newcomer in the world of time management and productivity, Timeful uses machine learning to improve your use of your time. By tracking the times at which different tasks are more likely to get done successfully, Timeful begins offering suggestions regarding appropriate scheduling for new tasks. Users can also create different calendars, then easily sideline a calendar as appropriate, so going on vacation from a normally-recurrent task is easy. The features Timeful offers don’t just bolster productivity, but endeavor to make the user more productive and a better manager of time.
- TripIt: Those who travel regularly for business can use TripIt to easily track their travel schedules and make certain that their trips are as smooth and enjoyable as possible. In addition to basic features like creating master schedules and calendar integration, TripIt offers notifications on flight delays and alerts, helps users search for alternate flights, and helps frequent fliers save money with VIP benefits. The basic program is supported by advertisements, but users can pay about $4 per month to remove the ads and access additional features.
- Evernote: Another traditional productivity app that collects notes, doodles, and other information, Evernote can also easily transform disorganized notes into presentations. It also offers a variety of niche features not offered in other productivity applications, such as the ability to scan business card contact information. Both free and premium versions are available.
What do you think?
By using all the technological resources available, you can make your business, as well as the time you spend on it, much more efficient. Whether it’s easier travel booking or better time management, new applications are always coming out that can help you shore up problem areas or leverage a strength to accomplish even more. Have you found great success with a business application? Let us know in the comments.