How do I setup/edit a view?

FAQ's on how to use basic and advanced features of Prophet and Prophet Mobile

Moderator: Prophet Support

admin
Site Admin

How do I setup/edit a view?

Post by admin » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:25 am

How do I edit/set up a View
I want to ensure I can see all records or add additional columns to an existing view.

Solutions
Views are based on two things: Your user level (Admin or User) and your Hierarchy permissions (Own and Reports, Peers, Peers and Mgr)

Edit a View
  1. Open a Prophet Manager folder (Contact Manager, Company Manager, or Opportunity Manager)
  2. Select the view you wish to edit from the drop-down (Contacts, Companies, or Opportunities)
  3. Click the 'Edit this View' button next to drop-down menu
  4. If you are a Prophet Admin you have full visibility to all records in the database, including records that are not currently assigned to a user.
    * To see all records click the drop-down next to 'Select Contact by' and set it to 'User Assignment'.
    * Under 'User Assignment' set it to 'All Contacts'.
    * Click 'OK' to close the window.
    * This will give you full visibility to all records in the database, including unassigned (no user) records
    * If you are a Prophet User you only have visibility to the records you have permission to see.
  5. To view every record you have permission to see:
    * Click the 'Edit this View' button next the drop down menu.
    * Select 'Visible to Me'.
    * Click 'OK' in the lower right hand corner
  6. It will then display everything you have permission to see.
  7. You can further manipulate the view by adding filtering by clicking 'Additional Filtering' on the left hand side of interface.
  8. You can add and remove columns by clicking the “Columns” on the left hand side of the interface.
    a. Everything in the right hand column is in the current view, everything in the left hand column is additional columns you can add to the current view. Moving items up puts the column closest to the left hand side of the view, moving items down puts them to the right hand side. You can also change the order items display by moving existing right hand items up or down to allow you to sort or display a view in a particular order.
  9. You can further manipulate the view(s) by click the “Order” button and changing how items are displayed for you.
If you're still having issues after that you'll need to setup a support ticket by clicking HERE