When you create an Opportunity, it is always created in the Opportunity Department to which you are assigned. This walk through is to show you how to create an opportunity in a department you have access to, but are not assigned to.
Step A: Initial Setup (Template Creation)
You will only need to complete Step A for the initial setup. Continue to Step B if you already have a template created.
- Create a 'dummy' contact that has no Company. I created 'Avidian ContactWithNoCompany'.
- Create a new Opportunity with the dummy contact created in step 1
- Use the decription '***Blank to Copy***' for the opportunity
- Set any other required field your company has configured in the opportunity
- Click 'Save and Close'
- Find the Opportunity, created from Step A, in your Prophet View
- Right click the opportunity and click 'Copy item(s) to Department'
- Select the Department you want your new opportunity in
- Click 'OK'
We will need to update the opportunity with the correct users, contacts, and company now. Use the steps below to update the new opportunity.
- To change the contact, click the 'Contacts' tab, NOT the 'Contacts' button. (See below)
- Select which user(s) you want and click 'OK'
- To Remove your 'dummy' contact, right-click it in the list and select 'Remove Contact'
- You can now save and close your Opporunity
You can use Step A to create a '**Blank to Copy**' opportunity in each of your departments that way you dont need to start in your assigned department view.
Example: Instead of loading 'Department 1' view in order to copy an opportunity to 'Department 2' you could just load 'Department 2' which would also have a 'Blank to Copy' opportunity in there.
If Prophet isn't loading after that you'll need to setup a support ticket by clicking HERE or call us: +1.800.399.8980
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.