A company does not give their users administrative rights on their local PC's. IT departments will need to run these steps in order to setup Prophet client software in a terminal services environment.
Step A - LOGGED IN AS AN ADMIN
- Close Outlook
- Download the latest version of Prophet here:
- Run the file once the download is complete and follow the prompts to install the software
- Login to the intended Prophet user's account (non-admin)
- Open File Explorer/My PC
- Browse to C:\Program Files\Avidian Technologies\Prophet
- Find and open ConfigureProphetClient.exe
- You should see a box pop up that will eventually say 'Your Prophet Client is now activated.' Click the 'OK' button and it will disappear.
- Relaunch Outlook, you should be prompted to sign in.
If the user has forgotten their password they can have a reset email sent by click the 'Forgot Your Password?' link at the bottom of this page:
(They will need to click 'Cancel' on the Prophet sign-in to get to their inbox, then relaunch Outlook to get back to Prophet's log-in prompt once it has been reset.)
Microsoft released an update in October 2017 that disabled the 'Home Page' tab in Outlook's folder properties. The following registry fix will need to be applied on the users account to re-enable that 'Home Page' tab. Failing to do this may cause Microsoft Update to break Prophet. This registry entry must be entered into the HKEY_CURRENT_USER hive. Running these registry fixes "as an adminstrator" will enter them into HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE which will not re-enable the 'Home Page' tab.
Your IT department may have to setup a group policy to add these registry entries upon login.
- Close Outlook
- Download the appropriate file, attached below, for your version of Outlook.
- Open the downloaded file and extract it to your Desktop or another location of your choice
- Open the extracted file. (DO NOT RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR)
- Click Yes, and then Yes again, and then OK.
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.