How do I transfer a license to a different user?

Official responses to FAQ provided to Avidian Technologies

Moderator: Prophet Support

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:43 am

Scenarios
  • If you wish to change the user on an existing Prophet license.
  • You get a new employee, and another one leaves. You would need/want to transfer the old users license to the new user.
Solutions
Step 1: Switch The License
  1. Sign-in to the Prophet Admin web page
    Avidian Hosted Users: https://www.prophetondemand.com
    Company Hosted Users: Navigate to the requisite URL specified by your IT department.
  2. Sign-in as a Prophet Admin
  3. On the left hand side, click ‘User Management’
  4. Click ‘Edit’ by the name of the account you no longer need
  5. Change the ‘First Name’, ‘Last Name’, ‘Email’ and ‘Phone’ fields to the new user’s information then click ‘SAVE’.
  6. Logout of the Admin Panel by clicking ‘Logout’ at the top
  7. On the Login page, click the ‘Forgot your password?’, enter the updated users email, and click 'Submit'
  8. Check the new users email and reset his password with the link provided.
Step 2: Reconfigure Prophet
These next steps are to be completed once the new user has successfully signed into Prophet from Outlook on their computer.
  1. Click on the ‘Contact Manager’ folder.
  2. Click the arrow next to the ‘Tools’ button and select ‘Prophet Administrator’.
  3. Click the ‘Browse…’ button under ‘Please specify a default location to store Prophet import/export files.’
  4. Select the folder located at My Documents\Avidian Technologies\Prophet\ and click ‘OK’.
  5. Click the ‘Browse…’ button on the right side of ‘Template file Location’.
  6. Navigate to Documents\Avidian Technologies\Prophet\FileGenTemplate and click ‘OK’.
  7. Click the ‘Browse…’ button on the right side of ‘Save Files To:’
  8. Navigate to Documents\Avidian Technologies\Prophet\FileGenOutput then click ‘OK’.
All of the file paths should now reflect the new user.

Step 3: Set the 'Working Contact' Folder
  1. Click the ‘Working Contact Folder’ button in the top right of the ‘Prophet Administrator’ window.
  2. Click the ‘Refresh’ button
  3. Check the box next to the folder you would like Prophet to store copies of contact records in, then click ‘OK’
  4. Click ‘Yes’ to the first prompt asking if you would like to register the folder with Prophet.
  5. Click ‘No’ to the second prompt asking if you would like to sync the folder with Prophet.
  6. Click the ‘Off-Line Working Contact Folder’ button in the top right of the ‘Prophet Administrator’ window.
  7. Check the box next to the folder you would like Prophet to store contacts in while it is operating in Offline mode and click ‘OK’.
  8. If you are asked to register the folder, click ‘Yes’.
  9. If you are asked to sync the folder, click ‘No’.
Step 4: Exclude the old users contacts from Prophet
  1. Click the ‘Edit View’ button in the Prophet toolbar
  2. In the ‘Contact View Options’ window that displays, click the drop-down menu next to ‘Select Contact By:’ and choose ‘Contact Folder(s)’ if it is not chosen already.
  3. Click on the name of any folder that you see listed in this window that are associated with the pervious user, it will become highlighted in blue. Then click the ‘Exclude’ button.
  4. Click ‘Yes’ when prompted for confirmation.
  5. There may be more than one of the old user’s folders that are registered in Prophet, repeat the above steps until only the folders listed are the ones associated with the current user, then click ‘Cancel’.
The Prophet client has now been configured to utilize the new user’s file paths and contact folders.

If you're still having issues after that you'll need to setup a support ticket by clicking HERE

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

admin
Site Admin

Re: How do I transfer a license to a different user?

Post by admin » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:17 am

Bump