We have extended functionality for the Opportunity Products and Services tab by adding User Defined Fields (UDF’s) at the individual product level.
The UDF’s are associated with a single product and the field types can be Text, Date, or Dropdown. Admins can configure up to fifteen additional fields.
To take advantage of these additional fields follow the instructions below.
***Note that users must have a build equal to or later than 7.8.207 to interact with the new fields. If a user has not updated they will not be able to see the extended fields after you have configured them.
For adding fields to existing products
- Navigate to the Prophet Admin Tool at www.prophetondemand.com and log in as an Administrator.
- From the right edge of the window, underneath where it says ‘Prophet Administrator’, navigate to the ‘Templates’ section.
- Select the Opportunity Template you want to add the product fields to.
- Select the second tab, by default named ‘Products/Services’, and scroll down to the ‘ExtensionFields’.
- Click on ‘Edit’ for the field you want to add. Uncheck ‘Hide this field’, rename the field to fit your use-case, select the field type.
- Save and add another!
- Restart Outlook to see your changes reflected in Prophet.
To see how to add new product groups review this link: Read More