Configure Exchange Public Folders with Prophet
In order to share opportunity emails, appointments, and tasks with other Prophet users, you must have shared Public folders setup within Microsoft Exchange or Office 365. After Prophet is installed, you will setup these folders for each department that you will be using within Prophet.
When an email, appointment, or task gets linked to an opportunity a copy of that item will be automatically saved in the shared folder allowing other Prophet users to have access to it.
- In Outlook, create a Public Folder called Avidian Prophet. This will be used as your root folder in the next step.
- Open Contact Manager, go to Tools and then select Prophet Administrator.
- Click on the Manage Shared Folders tab. This tab will only be available within a Prophet Administrator account.
- Verify your shared folders are Microsoft Exchange by clicking the associated radio button.
- Select the root folder. This is where the shared folders will be created
If you just created the root folder and don’t see it appear within the Public Folders section in the image below, click the refresh button.
Prophet will then ask you if you’d like to create shared folders for all departments. Click “Yes” to proceed and the shared folders will be created for all departments listed.To select specific departments to create shared folder for, click No and then click Create next to the departments you wish to create the shared folders for.
Lastly, each Prophet user will need the Exchange level permissions of Editor. This exchange permission level will allow the users to be able to READ/WRITE/EDIT to the public folders.
These steps will only need to be completed one time, as the Public Folders will be visible to all Prophet Users once the correct Exchange permissions have been given to each user.