Use the following instructions at ALL Manager Levels (Company, Contact and Opportunity Managers).
The first step is to make certain you locate all of the records belonging to a Users whose Prophet license will be removed or changed.
The key to successfully manage a Prophet User’s License from your account is to ensure that the Users column appears in each of your Manager Views.
If the Users column does not display in your View, click the Edit View Icon next to View (blue paper and red pencil)
- Click “Columns” on left-hand column of pop up box
- Select and Move “Users” from left hand column to right by highlighting and clicking Right Arrow to move over
- Highlight Users in the righthand column
- Use the Up arrow to move the field up to the top position.
- This will ensure that the Users column will appear to the far left of your View once the View is saved.
- Click Ok
Locate records assigned to the User who will be removed from the system in each of the Prophet Managers; Company, Contact and Opportunity Managers.
- Click on the funnel at the top of the Users Column
- Enter the User’s name into the Search field to locate the records that they are associated with
- Identify records that show the User as the ONLY User
- Uncheck the box(es) that show multiple Users assigned to records
- Click OK.
*If a record is assigned to multiple Users, these records do not need to be reassigned. Once the profile has been deleted the secondary or tertiary person will become the main owner of the records.
**Records that do not have a User assigned cannot be seen by other Users (non-Prophet Administrators) within the system and, in some instances, will not be included in reports that rely upon a User’s Permissions/Hierarchy.
- Highlight all records in the View and Right click
- Assign to Users…
- Select the name of the User you with to Assign the Records to
- Click OK, this will result in the records being assigned to the original User and the newly Assigned User
Perform the above steps in the remaining Managers as instructed. Once this has been completed log into your Prophet Admin Page @ www.prophetondemand.com for Avidian Hosted Clients OR your Prophet On Premise Server for Self-Hosted clients.
- Click on User Management in the left-hand column
- Search for the User you wish to remove/delete
Finalize the removal of the User’s Profile by clicking YES. Upon deleting a profile within Prophet, the User’s name will be removed from the Users field within Prophet. All Prophet Records assigned to the User will now belong to the secondary person assigned to using the process above.