Being a manager is tough. When it comes to understanding your team’s productivity and their future targets Prophet can help. This article will cover:
- Using Prophet Views to track Opportunities
- Ensuring Follow Up and watching Next Steps
- Using the Prophet Analytics to get a 30,000ft view of all actions
- How to delegate and track Action Items
How to Manage with Views
Each user in Prophet CRM can have their own set of custom views into the data. These are governed by the user’s permission levels. From a manager perspective, you can create views to help you keep track of different Prophet Records within the Company, Contact, and Opportunity Managers.
These views can be setup and filtered by specific fields in Prophet. (See below) If you need a refresher on how to create a view in Prophet click -> here
Some views that many Managers find helpful to create & utilize:
- All Active Opportunities
- All Won Opportunities for This Year
- All Lost Opportunities
- All Opportunities by User
- Active Opportunities & Next Steps
Ensuring Follow Up + Watching Next Steps
As we work through the daily grind of our jobs, one of the most important items we need to stay on top of is Follow up and Next Steps. Prophet will allow you to stay on top of your Follow Ups and setting the Next Steps in your projects.
We can create Outlook Appointments and Outlook Task items within Prophet to ensure specific Follow Up on Projects. To create an Appointment or Task, follow the steps in the links below.
How to Manage with Analytics
When we are using Prophet, each license can be provisioned for our Prophet Analytic Reports. Prophet Analytics provides a comprehensive array of dashboards. Prophet Analytics transforms your data into interactive graphs and tables, allowing firms to gain actionable intelligence.
To access Prophet Analytics, each provisioned license for Analytics follow the steps below:
- Open Outlook
- Open Prophet by clicking on Company, Contact or Opportunity Manager
- Press the Prophet Toolbar at the top of the Outlook Ribbon
- Press the Analytics button. (See Screenshot below)
After pressing the Analytics button, the Prophet Analytics reports will open in a separate window.
For more information on the Prophet Analytic Reports, click -> here
How to Manage by Delegating in Prophet
When you are in manager position, a normal process will be delegating items to other team members. Within Prophet, we can delegate different jobs and tasks to our team members.
- Delegating Records (Contacts / Companies / Opportunities) by assigning Users. Learn more -> here
- Delegating Tasks from a record using the Prophet Action Bar. Learn more -> here
The key take away is that delegating a record to a user signifies that you want them to manage the cycle with that record. When you assign a task from a record you are looking for the user to complete an objective within the cycle.