Sending Group Emails from Prophet can be done from Company, Contact and Opportunity Manager. Please follow the steps below to send out Group Emails in Prophet.
Pick a starting point for the Group Email:
Group Emails from Company and Contact Manager:
- Highlight the names of the people you wish to email. To highlight the whole group, click on the first name, hold down the shift key, click on the last name in the list. To select individuals from the list, click on the first name, hold the ctrl key down and click on the people you wish to select.
- Right click on the group of names and select Send Group Emails or you can click on the drop down arrow next to the email button and select Send Group Emails. The Group Email Wizard will appear with your Recipients of the Group Email.
Group Emails from Opportunity Manager:
- Sort your opportunities and highlight the group of opportunities you wish to email by clicking on one opportunity, hold down the shift key and clicking on the last opportunity in the group you wish to email. (Note: the email will go to all the contacts listed for that opportunity.)
- Right click on the group that is highlighted.
- Select Send Group Emails from the list.
- The Group Email Wizard will appear with your Recipients of the Group Email.
Working through the Group Email Wizard:
Whether you are creating the Group Email from Company or Contact Manager or from within the Opportunity Manager, each option will start with the Group Email Wizard. Follow the Steps below:
After selecting the Group Email option from the steps above, you will be prompted with a Group Email Wizard that will be displaying your Recipients of the Group Email.
The Recipients Tab lists out all of the people that will be receiving your email.
- To delete a name from the list, highlight and click Remove.
- To add a name to the list, click Add Recipient and select from your contact list.
- Press Next to proceed to the next step
After pressing next, you will be brought to the Message Tab, where you are going to start composing your email. You can choose to send either HTML or text based emails.
An HTML message provides a lot of flexibility in terms of color and design for any email. You can create a flyer and send it as HTML in the email. If you’ve ever received emails with pictures in the email, that is an HTML email. Not everyone will be able to read your HTML message because not everyone will be able to see the formatting. It depends on the browser they are using and the type of email editor and settings they are using.
- The default setting is Send an email with images or html.
- Click on the Next Button at the bottom of the window.
After selecting the HTML email option in the Message tab, proceed to the Finishing Steps tab. This is where you will have the option of including a salutation in the HTML email. Check the Include Salutation checkbox and select from the drop down menu the salutation you want to use.
- Click on the Create Email button and compose your email.
- You will notice the email is addressed to your first recipient.
- If you selected a salutation, this is where you would view it.
- Enter a Subject in the email, and compose the email by typing or a cut and paste from another document.
- Add any images into the body of your email as well as any attachments that you want to be sent with the email.
- You may also paste in a signature if you normally use one in out-going business mail by going to the Insert tab in the Outlook email and selecting your signature.
- Click Send in the email after you have composed it and the email will go out to the first person on your recipient tab.
- Click the Send button in the lower right hand corner of the Group Email Wizard and the email will be sent out individually to the rest of your recipients.
- Once the emails have been sent, you will receive a message letting you know the Group Emails have been sent.
- If you select your recipient list from Opportunity Manager, a note will be added to the Notes tab for the Opportunities selected for the Group Email. The note is time and date stamped with the tracking type of Group Email. (This does not apply to those sent from Contact or Company Manager.)
** Prophet will not place any limitations on the messages that go out; however, your internet service provider might limit the amount of emails you can send per hour, day, etc. If you notice your group email does not go to all recipients you had chosen, please contact your service provider to inquire about their sending limits.