This article will address what to do when there is an issue with Excel opening reports run from Prophets Report Manager. It will also address how to set the location of where you want the Excel Reports to be saved when using the Report Manager.
To set the default file location in Excel to your Profiles “My Documents”, follow these steps:
1. Right click on your “Start” button and select “Explore”. This will bring up the Windows Explorer, open to your profiles “Start Menu” folder
2. Click once on the “My Documents” folder on the left hand side of the Windows Explorer so that it is highlighted
3. You will notice now that in the “Address” field near the top of the Windows Explorer, the address says: C:\Documents and Settings\(Your Profile Name)\My Documents
4. Highlight the address: C:\Documents and Settings\(Your Profile Name)\My Documents
5. Right click the selected address and select “Copy”
6. Open Excel
7. Click on “Tools” -> “Options”
8. Click on the “General” tab
9. Delete the contents of the “Default File Location” field
10. Once the field is cleared, click into it so that the cursor is blinking, and press on your keyboard: Ctrl and V at the same time. This should paste the address of your “My Documents” folder into the field
11. Click “OK”
If you have any trouble going through the steps or would like help, please call Avidian Prophet Technical Support at 855-284-3426 x2.