This article describes the steps to take to remove a .NET XML file that can be left behind by various programs, such as Centerbase CRM, which causes the following issues:
- Prophet OnPremise installs correctly, however:
- Prophet Toolbar shows
- No Prophet setup wizard
- No Prophet folders were created
- Error log (C:\Documents and Settings\(User Name)\My Documents\Avidian Technologies\Prophet\ErrorLog.txt) reports the error below:
> Message: The type initializer for ‘System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection’ threw an exception.
We have researched this issue and have come to the conclusion that the issue is caused by bad .NET configuration files, usually left behind by Centerbase CRM or other programs. The file is called Outlook.exe.config and is located in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14 (- version will vary).
- Resolving the issue:
- Close Outlook
- Navigate to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14 (- version will vary)
- Find Outlook.exe.config
- Rename Outlook.exe.config to Outlook.exe.config.bak2
- Restart Outlook and the wizard should start up
If you have any trouble going through the steps or would like help, please call Avidian Prophet Technical Support at 855-284-3426 x2.